Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What Not to Buy

When we were kids, the coveted toy gun was the Entertech water gun. We each worked odd jobs and saved for months to buy one. Mine was an Oozie. Such things would never be allowed now, because they looked and sounded too much like the real thing (although I painted mine with pretty flowers). Last night we went to dinner at JB's parents'. His younger brother, Isaac had gone on a date the night before to the Clarke Planetarium and came home with one of these:



This is an Airzooka. It's an air gun that shoots a big, bad burst of air (up to 30 feet away) that makes you feel as thought you got pelted in the head by a large nerf ball. How do I know? Um, because this thing was the hit of the evening! Sneak attacks were fired on everyone, including my own innocent children and one poor unsuspecting neighbor lady who was just stopping by to say hello. JB loved it - he shot his own children and his wife...multiple times. "Can I have one of these for Christmas?" "NO." As if that wasn't bad enough, check out it's big brother, the MEGAZOOKA (I only wish I were kidding).


Now, notice that it has two (count 'em) TWO handles. It's a "big gun". "Unlike Airzooka, the Megazooka can intimidate your enemies into submission at mere sight." Plus, can you see the contraption on the top? Yes, that is what you think it is...a pop-up site. Heaven help me. "MegaZooka can operate simply by pulling and releasing the built-in elastic air launcher. And here's the best part: because it shoots air, you'll never run out of ammo!" (fabulous)

4 comments:

Shelese said...

Wow, I've never heard of that thing. What a riot!! We have Travis Erickson's name for Christmas (my bro in law- remember him?) anyway, he would LOVE it! My sis might kill me for getting it for him though, ha.

Amy said...

I do remember Travis. Yes, this would be right up his alley. I don't know if it would be up your sister's alley... I'll leave it up to you.

love.boxes said...

Oh... it would be perfect for Travis, but next time we get together for a party.. remind me not to even do my hair.


By the way Amy, you are one of the winners of my Halloween giveaway. Will you send a mailing address to love.boxes@att.net and also give me a first second and third choice on those 3 boxes. I'm hoping to give each winner one they'll really like.

Shelese said...

Congrats on winning Amy!! how fun!