Friday, September 4, 2015

Happy 11th Birthday, Boo!

Dear Boo,

Happy 11th Birthday!  You are growing so tall and so lovely!  This move was a hard one for you, but you've been so brave through it all - jumping in and getting involved with school and orchestra and trying to make new friends.  


You are a lot more mature than most your age, and that's been tough when doing group work and having to deal with classmates who aren't as serious about their studies.  You said, "Mom, the new kids at our old school were much better behaved than the kids here."  Happily, your teacher agreed and said that she wished she had a class full of you!  I know you miss your friends a lot - especially the girls in the ward.  Your whole primary class are in 6th grade, and you are the lone 5th grader (and only one still in Elementary).  You haven't found a kindred spirit yet.  I hope you can always be yourself, and feel comfortable in the beautiful person that you are.  Your family loves you so much!  


You've plunged into piano and practice so diligently!  What a talent you have!  Listening to you play is one of my favorite things.  Your teacher is wonderful, and she gives you plenty of FAST songs to dig into.  You also chose to continue taking viola through the school orchestra, and although you aren't as jazzed to practice, you keep up really well.  You did a splendid job at your first piano recital, despite feeling nervous for the first time ever!  

You love to create things:  crafting, sewing, etc.  You love to be in charge and tasked with responsibilities, so long as it's not cleaning your room.  You love to be the first to share news or tell a story or let Maggie out of her crate.  (sigh)  You love going over to Grandma's, which makes me happy.  She is a wonderful person, and I'm so grateful we both get to associate with her and let her goodness rub off on us!  You dislike being caught off-guard, or having plans made for you without advanced notice.  You dislike when everyone isn't on board with your plans (especially your siblings).  It's been good practice for you (as they have begun to exercise their own will and independence) that you can't have your way all the time, and that compromise and acceptance are a part of relationships.  
We got to go to the Women's Conference broadcast together!
-Three generations-




You are responsible and diligent.  You follow-through on things when you know they really matter.  I'd trust you to babysit our kids more than any 12-year-old I know!  

Last week we went on a family backpacking trip up to White Pine Lake.  The hike and the camping wasn't your favorite, but during the hike you opened up and shared a challenge at school with friends that was troubling you.  Friends at the beginning of the year weren't your friends now.  I was so happy you shared your feelings with me.  I hope you can always feel like you can come to me with your worries, concerns and problems, and more importantly, that you know you can go to Heavenly Father with them too.  I hope you can develop a relationship and knowledge of him.  I hope you can learn to love to pray and communicate with Him through the Holy Ghost.  I love, love, love you, dear Boo!  

We celebrated your birthday a day early, as Dad had to work a football game.  Ravioli with homemade sauce, corn, salad, cheesecake for dessert!  We watched a movie and had treats.  Your birthday evening, Grandma and Grandpa took us out for Aggie Ice cream.  :)









1. What is your favorite color? green and yellow
2. What is your favorite toy?  Maggie
3. What is your favorite fruit? apples
4. What is your favorite tv show? Lab Rats
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Apples
6. What is your favorite outfit? T-shirt and shorts
7. What is your favorite game?   Clue
8. What is your favorite snack?  cheese sticks
9. What is your favorite animal?  Dogs
10. What is your favorite song?  undecided
11. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter
12. Who is your best friend? Can’t Decide
13. What is your favorite cereal?  Raisin Bran Crunch
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Bouncing on Trampolines
15. What is your favorite drink?  Lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday?  4th of July/Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? A Book
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal and OJ
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Ravioli

20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Vet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is kinda goofy looking and she cracks me up LOL! https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Tnx8HBmWeBc/ViVV1PX8kfI/AAAAAAAAUuc/PmLQEtPxkD0/s0/JBP_0286.JPG I had her displayed life size and she appeared to be directly in front of me. I thought to myself, "I bet she would like to smell my feet!" I took off my shoes and socks and placed my foot on the desk with my toes kinda rubbing her lips and pressing against her mouth right up under her nose. I was cracking up because it looked like she was smelling my toes LOL! When I spread my toes out over her mouth and nose I really cracked up! I am going to put her on display life size in a large digital picture display on my desk and she is going to be my little toe sniffer. It will be fun to have her around to look at and mess around with.