Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Happy Halloween! Well, you can imagine that with our move, we didn't have as much time as usual to devote to the planning and coordinating our Halloween festivities. Josh has been busy at work learning the ropes of his new job, and the stress and busyness which that includes has kept him pretty occupied. Nana and Papa were wonderful in letting the kids choose a pumpkin from their garden before we left, which they delivered to us. They've been anxiously awaiting the carving party since then!



They also bought a costume for Diddles and cute Halloween t-shirts for Yaks and Boo. Thank you!


"Hi. I'm a pumpkin."


We did our best here in the costume department with what we had on hand, and what the kids wanted to be. It's honestly been the LAST thing on my mind - thank goodness they are young and don't care. Up until Halloween, we were all going to go as Pirates, but Boo revolted at the last minute and demanded to wear Yak's Captain Hook coat (which was actually meant for Josh). Mutiny! It was a bit of a dramatic mess, and Yaks (the tender heart) finally let her just have the coat.

So, here was our feeble attempt at Halloween this year:

This is Jolly Roger. Isn't he the cutest captain you've ever seen?


Gunpowder Gertie - Don't let that smile fool you. Her temper was pretty explosive.



One-Eye Wanda - Her diapers are pretty explosive. The other day Boo said, "Diddles, you do a great job pooping!" She does indeed. The partial crew - Boo had to be cameraman.
My whole costume came from my closet! Isn't that something?


"I don't wanna be a pirate!"

The End. I told you it was feeble.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey, I think that's great for having just moved. Well done, Mom. Very well done. You even dressed up yourself, and that... in my book is going the extra mile.


Thinking of you, hope you're settling in okay. Will you e-mail me your new phone numbers and address?

Sarah said...

I agree...the fact that the kids got dressed up at all is great.
But, really, how could the holiday be ignored. Then you really would have had some tantrums!
I really like Liza's striped suit. Worked into the theme perfectly.

Allison said...

I also agree. You did fantastic! What an awesome mom you are too, to dress up with your kids! LOVE IT!

Trish and Matt said...

Your feeble attempt rocks! Love the adorable pictures of the kids.

Plowgian Page said...

Love all of the creative costumes and names to go with them. I was just thinking how beautiful and peaceful "Diddles" is. Not 1 second after I said that in my head I got to the last picture. "Oh, there she is." Sending our love!

Dianna said...

Way to go on the knowing how to punt mom talent! Everyone looks great! Hey, your new kitchen looks nice. I hope you are settling in and feeling at home.