Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tomato, Tomahto

I love when kids mispronounce things! I find it so entertaining.

Allow me to demonstrate:

1.) Here we have Gorilla Bars.
Oh, nope. No, no.
Granola Bars

2.) Kermit

No, not the charming green frog.




It's our toilet cleanser! Both are green. We're getting closer!

3.) Perk-u-leeNot perkulator, sillyHercules!

4.) Sholjer
No, not Shoul-der. What good are they?

SOLDIER.

5.) Speaking of Soldiers. Do you know what this is?

Nope, not a sheath and a sword.

It's a Sword and a Sword Pocket.


Don't worry. You'll learn it eventually!

7 comments:

Lin said...

amazing. i like that sword pocket. it makes total sense!

Allison said...

Your kids crack me up. Of course the way you write about them and translate for them is equally amusing. I love reading your blog and hearing of all of the fun things your kids say and do, as well as the bad things you face too. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only mom who feels that way sometimes! So keep translating and enjoy these wonderful memories!

Dianna said...

That's so funny! Kids are the best. When my Ben was little he found a black sequin, and after studying it for a few minutes, he proclaimed that it was a mouse record - of course that was long before CDs.

Mary said...

Heehee You're kids a SO cute and sweet!!!

Sarah said...

Hehe.
Don't you just love how we serve as their translater most times?
I wonder what this next one will eventually say (or mean to say...)

Stephanie said...

How cute, your posts are always so creative and entertaining. I'm checking back often to hear baby news. Hang in there!

Nicole said...

and of course bizketti and my favorite Olivia-ism: pwiddow = pillow. Can't wait to see that new baby, although with 3 comes less time for things like posting pictures for us all to enjoy! Hope your neighbor starts sleeping better once the little one comes! Or maybe he can come help tend at night!