Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's a...

GIRL!

We had an ultrasound today, and looked at every little body part from her vertebrae to her brain. Amazing. She's active and healthy, for which I am so grateful and relieved. I'm feeling great too, by the way.

The kids were a bit disappointed that we didn't come home with the baby today. They were wholly unimpressed with the pictures, as you can imagine. Yaks wants to name the baby "Tate" (their new boy cousin's name). Actually, I think they'd just like to HAVE Tate for themselves. What do you say, Cath? Boo wants to take care of the baby all by herself with no helpers. They set my due date for early September, but I'm always early, so poor Boo will have to wait one more birthday until HER birthday. Oh, dear.


I'm thrilled that she can wear Boo's clothes and that we'll hopefully have a calm little girl to sandwich Yaks in and help calm him down. Josh is feeling a little overwhelmed. He tends to see visions of expensive wardrobes and lavish weddings to pay for, and emotional roller-coasters when he hears the word "girl". Do any of those words describe their mother?

14 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so glad that you are feeling well too!

Sarah said...

A girl! Wonderful!

Dianna said...

Just tell Josh that by the time he pays for all the emergency room visits, legos, and scout camp equipment, boys' expenses come in pretty close to the $$ shelled out for little girls. Although weddings are another story. I bet Josh is just worried about all the hormones floating around in the house - he's in good hands though. Congratulations again!

Sally said...

Great news!

kthom said...

I was feeling the girl vibe for you!! So fun, hopefully our little ladies can become roommates someday...maybe even venture to summer camp and eat banana popsicles and hot fundge sundaes and talk about Ricky Nelson!! Congrats! :)

Tim Hale said...

That's great news, Ames! Congratulations!

Cara and Steve said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Girls are so much fun. Time just flies by, I'm amazed that you already found out.

P.S.- I'm flying home next weekend... I didn't know if my mom told you.

Laurie said...

A GIRL! I am so happy for you. I'll catch up with you soon.

Plowgian Page said...

I don't see emotional roller coaster when I think of you Amy. I swear thats a Paulsen trait. I'm excited to have another little girl neice. YEA!

Amy said...

Thanks for all the congratulations and warm wishes. Good news is always better when shared with dear friends.

Mrs. Grindstaff said...

Congratulations. Josh may be worried about the sudden power shift... now Disney Princesses will have more votes than G.I. Joe.

Kimm said...

Great news! I'm excited for you!!

Trish and Matt said...

I haven't checked blogs in a few days since we're in Nashville ... so excited to hear your news! There's something special about having a sister (or so I'm told ... I wouldn't know personally) so I'm excited for Boo. Congrats!

Taylor's said...

Yeah - so fun! We love girls!