Friday, June 20, 2008
I was thinking all yesterday and all night about my five things that I was doing 10 years ago and had to look back in my journal. Sure enough! I was a year off. So, for the sake of being historically accurate, I make the following changes:
Five Things I was Doing 10 Years Ago:
1. Finishing up another year at USU with a group of practical jokers for roommates, who would hide in dark corners to scare you when you came home, put toy snakes and mice in your bed and all had Senior-itis really bad. (Kari, we roomed together that next year 98-99 -- my mistake)
2. Finishing up a year serving as a counselor in a Stake Relief Society. I know, I felt a little out of place. I did get to meet and have lunch with Sheri Dew, though. That was a fantastic experience! I was put in charge of making sure Sister Dew had a glass of water to drink when she gave her talk. Guess who forgot? I still blush with embarrassment today thinking about it. Sorry, Sister Dew!
3. Missing my plane home and my orientation for work, thus leaving my employment status scarily hanging in the balance for several days!
4. I think I made it into the Elementary Education program that year. It was a competitive program, and I think they only accepted around 37 applicants.
5. About to embark on a roller-coaster summer romance with my(returned) "missionary". (Sigh) Oh, young Amy.
at 12:39 PM