Thursday, May 29, 2008

Riding in Cars With Yaks

What is it about little boys that they are automatically drawn to cars? This is part of our daily routine around here. Following our breakfast of "scambowd eggs an toatht", out comes the car "box", and this little boy gets to work.


Yaks meticulously lines each car up in a row, side-by-side. This process can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. I couldn't catch it on film, but then he'll lay his head down to eyeball the line, making sure they are juuuuust right.



He's pretty good at letting me help, and will even let me choose a car.
"Whis one you like?"
"Could I be blue car, Yaks?"
"Yesth, you may..."

3 comments:

Trish and Matt said...

I think this is in my not-so-distant future. Every time we're in the car, Blue points to each car on the road and yells "Car!" or "Truck!" until we acknowledge him.

Sarah said...

I love how the "th" lisp is added into the writing. I can just hear it! What a fun boy. How lucky to have him routinely wander off and be happy with a pile/line of toy cars.

Stephanie said...

What a sweet boy to let Mommy play. I love how meticulous he is about setting them up. So cute.