Saturday, April 19, 2008

French Toast and Butter Syrup


Last month at Enrichment night, they had a "Pajama Party", complete with telling embarrassing stories and providing A LOT of food! They served this scrum-diddly-umptuous French Toast and they fortunately shared the recipe with us. Make it tomorrow or give it to your spouse to make for you on Mother's Day. It's so delicious. I could drink the sauce by itself. YUM.





French Toast Egg Bath

6-8 eggs
1 Cup Coffee Creamer
(it's actually cheaper than using milk or cream)
1 T. cinnamon
1 T. vanilla

Butter Syrup
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla
Melt butter, sugar & milk. Once combined add Soda and vanilla

I'm off to SF tomorrow morning, so I'll catch you (and your blogs) on Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ames...would you want to be a contributor to my cooking blog? You could add this to it if you would like. Let me know and I will send you an invite and info! Have a great time in SF!!!

Sarah said...

Looks wonderful. Worth a try for sure. HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION! ENJOY AND RELAX!

love.boxes said...

That sounds like so much fun. No one would go for that around here
:( .. but it would be super fun! Have a great trip!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to try it, and I can't wait to hear about your fun trip! I assume the kids survived okay?