Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Andy!

Today is my brother's birthday. Andy and I didn't always get along. In fact, we were once the most bitter of enemies. I remember once saying to my mom that I hated him. This saddened her and she said that I didn't really mean it. I thought for a moment and then said, "No, I really do hate him!"

Once we were both in college, we both grew up and realized that the other wasn't so bad and that mom was right (as she always is). Andy showered me with service in helping me get my car registered and changing the oil in my car, and welding my tailpipe back together so I didn't have to pay for an expensive repair. He met and married Jill, who is an awesome sister-in-law and such a great match for Andy. She brings so much thoughtfulness and creativity to our family and is always helping our large family get together more frequently than we do. Andy has become one of the hardest workers I know. He's gotten into gardening and landscaping as his hobbies and reminds me more and more of our Dad.

"Little Beanz" is just a darling and we love to hold her and admire her cute outfits and hair accessories. She's just the cutest little bubs and I'm glad Boo has another little girl cousin to play with (eventually).

Happy Birthday, Andy! We love you!

No comments: