Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Today Throws a Wedding

Since I was in High School, I've followed the Today Show as they throw a yearly wedding for a lucky couple and allow us as viewers, help to choose everything from the wedding attire, to the the cake, to their honeymoon destination! There's just something cool about being able to choose (for someone else) from the top-of-the-line EVERYTHING, with no thought for budget or practicality. It's a lot of fun!

Jessica (Sandra Dee) and Cody (Ricky Schroeder) are the couple this year: Two young, Arizona college students who are getting married on my birthday in NYC with a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme. The best part about it is that Martha Stewart is planning their wedding (with America's help). "The People" have already voted on the rings, the dress, the wedding attire and this week they did the cake! You can check it out here. They do the reveal on Wednesdays around 8:30AM or so, and you can vote online.
*picture from Martha Stewart's site*

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

i have several points to make.

1. Those two look like they are 12.

2. He prefers to go by "Rick".

3. Breakfast at Tiffany's (although my favorite movie) seems to me like a strange theme for a wedding. Kind of like couples who say that "Every Breath You Take" is their song. No offense, it's great, but it's about a stalker. That just doesn't scream romance to me.

4. i love the comments about the bridesmaid dresses by the wedding party.

and finally...i think it takes guts to totally hand over all decisions like that. although i could (and probably will) let someone else (ie, lauren) make most of my wedding decisions, i couldn't let go of picking dresses and colors and especially rings.

Amy said...

Linds,

hahaha, I know. They are in their early 20's. I'm a bit confused w/ "Breakfast at Tiffany's" also. They keep saying, "The wedding will be held at Breakfast at Tiffany's." I looked online to see if there is a location titled that, but can't find one. It is a bit odd, I know.

P.S. You are in good hands w/ Lauren...BELIEVE me.

laurenthequeen said...

Can you tell that we are related? Oh, and I voted for the cool satin looking cake with all the sparklies on it.

Amy said...

Of course you did! ;)