Monday, August 20, 2007

Somebody Come and Play Today

Uncle Peter came over to our house last night and made Boo’s day by playing blocks with her. His exact words upon entering the house were, “I’m looking for someone to come play blocks with me! Does anyone want to play?” You should have seen Boo’s face light up. Holy cow, it was like Christmas! Playing blocks with Boo is not my favorite thing because we don’t really “play” blocks. I build the tower and she DEMOLISHES it. How much fun is that? Loads for her. Needless to say, I don’t play blocks with her a ton. Peter, however was down there with her for a good 45 minutes, building tower after tower for her to destroy, and he even found success in letting her do the building. As if that wasn’t enough, he then asked her to take him downstairs to show him the basement! (Cue Christmas face again) They played down there for another half hour! She’s still talking about it today, and I think she found a new best friend. Peter's remark, "I wouldn't want to do it every day, but...it was fun!" My feelings exactly.

No comments: