Sunday, October 11, 2009

Favorite Things: Bountiful City Park

Would you believe the first time I went to Bountiful City Park was when I was a kid myself? My Aunt and Uncle raised their kids here and one summer my mom's side of the family got together and we spent a day at the park and all posed for a picture (at least that was MY memory).

That's me on the front row on the far right, holding my sister, Catherine.



I love so many things about this park: it's proximity, the enormous shade trees, the convenient bathrooms/drinking fountains, the large pavilions, the grassy lawns, and the abundance of festivals and special events the park hosts, and who can forget the perfectly manicured berm that has "Bountiful" spelled out in shrubs (just in case you forget where you are). It's always lovely and rivals Temple Square's flowers! :)


The kids and I love to go to the park. The slides and swings can keep them entertained for hours, and the park is always kept so cool thanks to the wonderful shady trees that cluster around the park. The newly built concert pavilion welcomes concert-goers and performers, but doubles perfectly as a little dance floor for the kids to strut their stuff! During the summer, there's hardly a weekend that goes by that there isn't something FREE going on within the park. We enjoyed Handcart Days, the International Festival, and the Cruise In.


The Park is also neighbors with our Rec. Center, which has offered the kids swim lessons and fun afternoons poolside. The splashpad outside is a Pirate Ship...a PIRATE SHIP! Yes, you'd better believe Yaks is in love with it. What kid wouldn't be? It's good times, I tell you!


I'm excited to find our "new" park in our new home. Hopefully it will hold as many fun features and memories as our lovely Bountiful Park.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

We too miss our beloved Bountiful Park. When I was little (and I'm pretty old now) those trees were already big. Now they are even bigger and so wonderful. (Can you tell we miss trees living in the Middle East?) I almost had a temper tantrum a few years ago when they cut the trees down that were on the parking strip next to the road. Thanks for sharing.

Kimm said...

Where did you move to?

Nicole said...

I loved Perry Park for its trees, 4th of July celebrations and the giant pavilion complete with lights and electricity for Bingo!

Oh and is that John on the back row? the only one not blond?