Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fun with The Friend (Online)



Have you seen The Friend online? I was looking something up several weeks ago for an FHE lesson and discovered that they have done some fun things with their page. A few of our favorites are the online coloring, which allow you to select a blackline picture and click from a palette of colors and (click) color the picture. We've given President Monson a black shirt and a red tie (scandalous), and created a family with Smurf-blue skin having Family Home Evening! The kids love it, and we used it today as a reward for good behavior while the Home Teachers were here!

 Boo discovered today (and turned down helping to make cupcakes in order to keep playing) the online Puzzles. They simply took Gospel Art Kit pictures and digitally cut them up into puzzle pieces and the kids use the mouse to put the picture back together. 

Boo found this picture today, and was so excited because it was in her Primary lesson. Good times! Check it out.  Hooray for The Friend!

5 comments:

Dianna said...

Thanks Amy! You just helped me plan for Family Night tonight.

Plowgian Page said...

Yea! Something fun for my kids to do on the computer. Thanks Amy!

Trish and Matt said...

I haven't had the courage to let my kids touch the computer yet. I'm afraid they'll be as obsessed with it as I am. And then I'll have to share it!

Amy said...

Trish - this was our first time letting her do anything on the computer besides randomly type letters on Word. Yeah, she asks now EVERY day to do puzzles. I told her it's just a Sunday activity.

Sarah said...

I did bump into that the other day...but never got around to sharing it. Glad you found it. Meg LOVES the puzzles and coloring too. I'm grateful it is something "appropriate" for her to do indepedently while Paige is napping and Matt and I catch up on a Sunday one TOO!