Friday, July 13, 2007

Movie Treats

Movie treats are an essential, aren't they? I remember my mom giving us Sees Candy caramel pops while we crowded around the TV to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for the first time. I still associate one with the other.

Today I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I arrived to the theater late and had trouble obtaining my reserved ticket. By the time I got that all straightened out and went over to the concession stand, there was a guy in front of me who was asking for "extra butter" and debating what kind of large soft drink to get. I decided to skip the treats completely, since I had just eaten breakfast, and hurried to my movie gate. Once I was seated (plenty of seats to choose from at 9:30AM), I was missing my movie treats, but grateful for the treat of getting to see HP without kids! yay!

The movie was great. I loved it. I even cried in a few parts and found myself grinning ear-to-ear during some of the scenes I thought they captured "just right" (as I had imagined it in the book).

Following the film, I was ready for a treat. I also wanted to thank my mother-in-law for watching the kids for three hours. I went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got two Apple Pie Caramel Apples. They are the ones on the left of the top picture. Taste this: A granny smith apple, add a layer of caramel, then a layer of white chocolate, then a layer of cinnamon sugar. Each bite tastes just like apple pie with ice cream. Tart, sweet, spicy, DELICIOUS! Wasn't that good? I guess it wasn't technically a movie treat, but it sure beat a box of Raisinettes for the exact same price!

What's your favorite movie treat?

1 comment:

laurenthequeen said...

I don't think I have one certain movie treat...it's whatever looks good when I'm standing at the concession stand smelling the poopcorn.